Gallery: Up to 1970
Catalogue ref: pa197
A meal for old people held to celebrate the coronation of George VI 1937 in the Old Emporium, Acton Square (more correctly known as Acton Green.) This former silk mill had become the St Peters and St Gregory Parish Rooms by the 1930's. The 3rd Sudbury Scouts met there and a young peoples club – the boys downstairs and the girls upstairs: they were allowed to mix for the monthly dancing classes.