Ballingdon Street

Subject: Utilities and Public Services

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa561

The Ballingdon Street Refuse Destruction Works and Pumping Station seen in 1958 with some of the borough council’s vehicles and employees drawn up in front.
L to R: Ted Coombes (foreman); ? Offord (driver); Vic Death (driver); Joe Chinnery (fitter); Reg Groom and John Sargeant (fitter). The right hand section of the building and the tall chimney have since been demolished.