Subject: Utilities and Public Services
Gallery: Up to 1970
Catalogue ref: pa365
New electric pumps were installed at the Ballingdon Street sewage pumping station in the late 1940's. No. 2 pump, in the foreground, was installed in 1948. Behind that is what appears to be an older direct acting steam pump. In the rear, in front of the LH window, electric pump No. 2 is just visible; this was installed in 1946 to replace one of the older generation of steam pumps.