CAV/Lucas/Delphi

Subject: Business and Industry

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa1216

The CAV engineering company arrived in Sudbury in 1944, taking out a lease on New Hall, the former Victorian silk factory In New Street. It subsequently moved its operations to what is now Lucas Drive on the Cornard Road and finally to this vast factory in Alexandra Road which closed in July 2020. In the process the company changed its name to Lucas CAV and finally Delphi. This image shows the machine shop in the Chilton factory in1967. Enter CAV in the search engine o see more images relating to this major Sudbury company.