Chilton Fire Station
Subject: Utilities and Public Services
Gallery: Up to 1970
Catalogue ref: pa1243
The Fire station in Alexandra Road was established as WW2 approached and served both the town and, after 1944, the USAAF airbase. The normal peacetime brigade was expanded and the Auxiliary Fire service was created. Here members of the AFS gather in front of their station. Harold Crissell front row second from right. See also images 398, 708, 844 & 987.