Constitution Hill

Subject: Business and Industry

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa491

Reddells was a family firm of corset makers founded in 1868. They started in Sudbury at 16 Gainsborough Street, certainly there as early as 1908, and moved to a new purpose-built factory on Constitution Hill in 1915. This photo was taken on their 50th Anniversary in 1918. It shows the founder W.T. Reddell in the centre with his wife Elizabeth on his left hand side and his son and successor Arthur on his right.