Subject: Utilities and Public Services
Gallery: Up to 1970
Catalogue ref: pa470
Sudbury’s three full-time firemen with their new fire appliance next to the old fire station in Croft Road – note Inkerman Terrace in the background. The photo was taken in February 1956. L to R: Albie Turkentine, Bertie Race, Mr Green (full-time fireman from Ipswich.) The appliance is a 1955 Bedford A4L/Carmichael water tender.