East Street

Subject: Old Townscape

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa479

The Gainsborough Cinema in East Street, built in 1913 and here seen at some point in the interwar period. Listed as as good example of an early purpose-built cinema although not the first place where films were shown in Sudbury- there was an earlier electric cinema across the road.