East Street

Subject: Old Townscape

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa724

East House seen from its large rear garden. It was built c1830: this atmospheric photo comes from Dr Holden’s album and seems to date from round about 1900. During WWII the House served as the USAAF Red Cross Club; it was demolished c1960 and the Post Office built on the site.