Subject: Utilities and Public Services
Gallery: Up to 1970
Catalogue ref: pa34
Sudbury Fire Brigade in April 1937. The photo was taken in Croft Road outside the Old Fire Station. Playford Court now stands on the site but the row of fireman’s cottages beyond still exists. Councillor Gordon Reece in the bowler hat; Chief Officer (Captain) Percy Brown in front row, 2nd from the left.