Friars Street

Subject: Sport and Leisure

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa579

A meeting of the members of the Sudbury Fine Arts Society in 1875 -most probably in May when there was the grand opening of the ‘Sudbury Industrial and Fine Arts Exhibition’. The proceeds were devoted to the Library Fund of the Literary Institute on Market Hill. The photograph comes from an album compiled by Dr Holden and may have been taken in his garden in Friars Street.