Grammar School/ School Street/ Christopher Lane
Gallery: Up to 1970
Catalogue ref: pa933
An aerial photo, perhaps dating from the 1960s, illustrating just how much this area of the town has changed in the last 50-odd years. The classrooms and gym along School Street were added in 1937-8 and the two WWI army huts along Christopher Lane date from 1940 and were erected to accommodate the boys evacuated from Leiston School.