Market Hill

Subject: Old Townscape

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa676

This photo illustrates what a fine open space Market Hill used to be. There is a workmens’ hut behind Gainsborough’s statue and a cloth over the statue itself: it seems likely that this was taken just before the unveiling of the statue by Princess Louise on June 10 1913.