Subject: Utilities and Public Services
Gallery: Up to 1970
Catalogue ref: pa743
Postmaster Joseph Francis Hills and his staff outside Sudbury’s first dedicated Post Office – at 3-4 Market Hill (on the site now occupied by Dorothy Perkins.) It was a family business employing his two daughters Kate and Ellen (Fanny), who are seated second left and second right, and his son Benjamin William, seated first right, who took over the running of the Post Office in the same year as the photograph, 1897).