Market Hill

Subject: War

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa800

The CO of the American 486th Bomb Group receive a commemorative plaque from Sudbury’s mayor on August 2 1945. Beyond, the bronze plaque that the Americans presented to the town has just be unveiled. Within a week or so they their base at Chilton was silent and deserted. See also images pa116 798 and 799