Market Hill

Subject: Old Townscape

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa573

This photograph of the chancel of St Peter’s church was taken by Dr Holden in 1898, just after the redecoration carried out by G.F Bodley. It should be compared with the photo he took the previous year showing the earlier Butterfield decoration – pa572. Note Bodley’s impressive new reredos.