Market Hill

Subject: Business and Industry

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa593

The London Joint City and Midland Bank, now HSBC, built in 1920 on a corner site formerly occupied by Andrews Bazaar
(visible confined to the smaller premises on the left.) The architect is unknown but the design represents a ‘house style’ and is metropolitan rather than market town in its feel. Probably taken soon after its opening.