Newton Road

Subject: Events

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa268

Princess Helena Victoria opening the George V Memorial wing at St Leonard’s Hospital on 21 May 1938. The Museum Trust has the ceremonial key which she used on display. The gentleman with the top hat standing behind the Princess is Charles Grimwood, Chairman of the Hospital Board and manager of the Sudbury Gas Works in Quay Lane. See also pa 974 and 975.