North Street

Subject: Business and Industry

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa463

French's Fish and Chip shop at 41 North Street in the late 1960's. It was a family business as far back as the 1920's and possibly even earlier. The shop closed in 1978 but then reopened under new owners. Today it is the "Chequers Chippy." Like the fish and chip shop in Cross Street it is situated in one of Sudbury's ancient timber-framed houses, in this case dating back to the early 16th century.