North Street

Subject: Townscape

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa823

North Street car park in 1948 after the demolition of Cavendish cottages. It shows (L to R) the French Horn public house, before it was reduced to two storeys, the Halstead Co-op, now Grover and Allen, and the only cottage to survive to the present – currently a hair salon.