Old Market Place/East Street

Subject: Old Townscape

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa1076

A poor quality image but still of interest because it shows The George Inn which was demolished to make way for Walkers Stores in 1908 ( now the Edinburgh Wool Shop). These arches celebrated the holding of the Suffolk Show in the town, possibly in 1877. See also images pa 276, 932 and 1077. East House lies behind the foliage on the right.