Quay Lane

Subject: Sport and Leisure

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa354

This aerial view of the boathouse owned by Mr Shelley was taken in 1938 by Geoff Diaper; he had climbed the nearby horse chestnut tree whilst his friends posed below. The boathouse probably dated from the time of the Navigation Company. A modern bungalow now stands on the site but the brick buttress which can be seen in the photo on the corner of this earlier building is still there.