Queens Road

Subject: Old Townscape

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa1042

In the early 20th century the town was expanding up the valley slopes above the Melford Road. The ‘Ambleside’ terrace Nos 9-15 in Queens Road was built in 1907 and probably the work of local builder George Grimwood, one never afraid to experiment as here with an innovative flat roof design. The terrace has survived to this day, relatively untouched by the passage of time except for the loss of the parapet with its name and construction date. It is Locally Listed.