School Street

Subject: Education

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa678

Pupils of Sudbury Grammar School in about 1947. The buildings in the background are the science labs (on the first floor) with the cadet force armoury below. This range was demolished to make way for the new buildings of William Wood House. Gerald Cook on the left (wearing spectacles). The teacher in the centre of the front row is Stanley Kay, the Headmaster of SGS 1941-1947 and also co-author of ‘The History of Sudbury’ 1952 with C.G.Grimwood. Boy on left of front row: Michael Good – won scholarship to Oxford and became a Professor of Law.