Sudbury Grammar School

Subject: Education

Gallery: 1970 - 2000

Catalogue ref: pa1219

The first in a sequence of images (pa 1217-1223) showing the extensive work carried out on the buildings of the former Boy’s Grammar School between the Autumn of 1991 and early summer 1992. Essentially this involved the demolition of the 1930s range of buildings along School Street and the building of a two storey row of apartments for the residents of William Wood House – the home providing very sheltered housing ¬†which would now occupy the site. Meanwhile the impressive Victorian buildings of the school were renovated and reconfigured to house the communal facilities of William Wood House. This shows part of the 1930s range before demolition.