Subject: Utilities and Public Services
Gallery: Up to 1970
Catalogue ref: pa562
The first wave of expansion up the valley slopes to the east began in the late 19th century, following the construction of the town reservoir at the top of York Road and borehole/pumping house in Woodhall Road. Further expansion took place after WWII and the process continues to the present day. Here the Sudbury Borough Council’s workmen are laying the surface of Uplands Rpad in 1958.