View from St Gregory’s

Subject: Old Townscape

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa513

A much faded image of the town taken from the top of St Gregory’s tower in about 1890. The long row of weavers’ cottages known as Church Row is in the foreground with the cottages of Church Walk behind them. In 1965 both were regarded as slums and demolished.