Woodhall Road

Subject: Utilities and Public Services

Gallery: Up to 1970

Catalogue ref: pa366

A new high capacity borehole pump was installed in 1952 at the Waterworks in Woodhall Road to pump water from the borehole up to the town reservoir (next to Uplands Middle School). It was capable of extracting 30.000 gallons per hour and forcing the water up the incline to the reservoir. It replaced the previous horizontal steam engine and ram pump. The old name for Woodhall Road was Waterworks Lane.